William L. Lee, III
Bill Lee is presently the senior member of the firm, and is the son of Alto V. Lee, Ill and the grandson of W. L. Lee. Bill was born in Dothan, Alabama on July 14, 1944.
Bill followed in his father’s footsteps by attending the University of Alabama, obtaining his B. S. degree in 1966.
Bill attended the University of Alabama School of Law, graduating in 1968. Bill’s law school career was marked by academic excellence including membership on the Alabama Law Review as its Assistant Editor, and selection
for Curia Honoris and Order of the Coif and while serving in the Air Force Reserve.
After being admitted to the Alabama State Bar in 1968, Bill joined his father and Dwight Mclnish in private practice in Dothan. In addition to State Bar membership, Bill is a member of the Houston County Bar Association (President, 1978) and the American Bar Association. His achievements in private practice have also been recognized by admission into the International Association of Defense Counsel, the International Society of Barristers, and the American College of Trial Lawyers. Bill practices primarily in the areas of workers compensation, personal and business liability and products liability. Bill was recently recognized as a Super Lawyer in the area of Civil defense litigation.
Bill is married to the former Lucy (“Sis”) Stuart of Montgomery, Alabama. Bill and “Sis” have three children, Will, Stuart and Lucy.
Areas of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- Workers’ compensation
- Insurance coverage
- Alabama, 1968
- U. S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama 1975
- U. S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit November 13, 1968
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence 1968
- University of Alabama Tuscaloosa, B.S., Bachelor of Science
Honors & Awards
- Assistant Editor, Alabama Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Curia Honoris
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Alabama State Bar (Member)
- International Association of Insurance Counsel (Member) International
- Society of Barristers (Member)
- American College of Trial Lawyers