Back to Contest
PLEASE REVIEW THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THE CONTEST. ENTRY TO THE CONTEST IS FREE AND NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PAYMENT OR PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Description of the Contest:
Sponsor: The presenting sponsor of this Contest is Replica Plastics (“Sponsor”).
Binding Agreement: To enter the contest, you must agree to these Official Rules (the “Rules”). Therefore, please read the following rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in the Rules, unless you agree to these Official Rules. These Official Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and the contest Sponsor with respect to the Contest.
Overview: No purchase, payment, or donation of any kind is necessary to enter or win; a purchase, payment, or donation will not increase the chance of winning. By entering, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final. The Contest starts at 12:00 AM Central Time, August 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59 PM Central Time, September 1, 2017 (“Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59 PM Central Time, September 1, 2017.
Who Can Enter:
- The Contest is intended for the United States only and will be evaluated according to United States law. Do not enter the Contest unless you are located in the United States at the time of entry and are a legal resident of the United States.
- To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be age 18 or older. A maximum of one Entrant per entry is allowed. If the Contest winner is under age 21, contest prize may be awarded to custodial parent(s) or legal guardian(s) pursuant to applicable law.
- Employees of Sponsor, their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members are ineligible. Sponsor’s agents and/or independent contractors and their immediate family members are also ineligible. The term “immediate family member” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
How to Enter
- Qualified entrants shall submit a 15 second video by the contest closing date and time. The video size should be at or under 300 MB for uploads. Original video files must be in .MPEG, .MOV, .AVI, or .WMV format. Video should be shot horizontally.
- Each entry (hereinafter “Submission” or “Entry”) must be uploaded to Instagram and comply with the terms and conditions of using the Instagram website found at http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms. Entrants will then submit an entry form at www.madd.org/youthvideo that indicates acceptance of these rules as well as the location of the video on Instagram for judging. No Submission will be considered that does not upload successfully to Instagram or fails to submit an entry form at www.madd.org/youthvideo.
- Each Entry must be in keeping with MADD’s image and Sponsor’s image and may not be profane, offensive, pornographic, defamatory or inappropriate as determined by MADD in MADD’s sole discretion. MADD reserves the right to disqualify any Submission it deems to be not in keeping with MADD’s image or Sponsor’s image, profane, offensive, pornographic, defamatory, and/or inappropriate in MADD’s sole discretion.
- Submissions must be primarily in English.
- The person uploading or submitting the Entry will be deemed the entrant (“Entrant”). The Entrant is the one person who owns the email address associated with the Submission, except that an email address in the name of the parent or legal guardian of the otherwise eligible minor entering the submission will be permitted and the minor will be deemed the Entrant. The Sponsor, its program partners, and any others involved in the development and/or execution of this Contest are not responsible for any disputes among collaborators related to the Contest.
- Each Entrant agrees not to submit any Entry that infringes upon any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise violates applicable U.S. law. Entries violating this section of the rules may be disqualified.
- Each Entrant is limited to a total of five (5) submissions. Each Entrant is limited to one prize per person, household, and/or email address. Each Entrant and a parent or guardian will be required to sign a release and affidavit for the Contest entry and must agree to abide by these rules.
- Each Submission must be the original work of the Entrant.
- Each Submission must not utilize live animals unless the Entrant has obtained the consent of the animal’s owner and an affidavit from the owner or wrangler that the animal was not harmed in the making of the video. Entrants who wish to use animals are encouraged to contact the local Humane Society for guidance prior to filming in order to create appropriate safeguards.
- Each Submission must not contain any copyrighted works other than those owned by the Entrant. Use of unauthorized copyrighted works may result in disqualification of the Submission or alteration of the Submission
- By entering, each Entrant hereby releases and holds harmless Sponsor, its program partners, and each of their subsidiaries and affiliates, and any others involved in the development and/or execution of this Contest, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the same from any and all claims, demands, losses, promises, causes of action, and liabilities arising out of this Contest including travel.
- Submissions that do not comply in all material respects with the Official Rules will be disqualified and/or not considered for prizes.
- By submitting an Entry, each Entrant agrees the Sponsor shall unconditionally and irrevocably own the Entry submitted including all rights embodied therein in winning entries and that the Sponsor and its designees may use, publish, adapt, modify, combine, or dispose of any Entry or Submission or elements there of any Entry or Submission online, in print, film, television, or any other media now or hereafter without additional compensation or notification to, or permission from, the Entrant, except as prohibited by law.
- Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail; printing errors; server unavailability; or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction.
- All Submissions received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All Submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Any false information provided within the context of the contest by any participant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Official Rules, or the like, may result in the immediate elimination of the participant from the Contest. The Contest Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, or violates U.S. or applicable state or local law.
- One (1) Entrant Grand Prize Winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected by a panel of judges chosen by Sponsor. All decisions of the judges are final and binding.
- The following criteria are what the judges will use to primarily evaluate each Entrant’s submission:
- Mission (40%)
- Creativity (30%)
- Quality of video (30%)
- The winner will be notified on or around October 1, 2017 and announced on or after October 31st, 2017. Each Entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules, and the decisions of the judges are final in all matters relating to this Contest.
- In the event of a tie following judging of the entries, judges will look to subsection (a) above and select the entry that most satisfies the mission criteria.
- One (1) Entrant Grand Prize Winner will be chosen. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a cash prize of $1,500.
- No substitutions for the prize will be allowed. Void where restricted or prohibited.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of Entries received.
- Winners are solely responsible for all taxes and/or fees that may be incurred. All cash winners are required to verify proper and legal picture identification and Social Security number within 30 days of notification of winning the cash prize. Winner may forfeit any and all cash winnings if verification cannot or has not been made within 30 days. Upon proper verification, cash winnings will be awarded by check, and mailed to winner’s mailing address within seven (7) business days.
- The winner will be notified by phone and/or email and must show picture identification to claim their prize. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented. 2. By participating in the Contest, each participant and the Grand Prize Winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Contest Sponsor, and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss that may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete a release and affidavit prior to acceptance of any prize. If the Grand Prize Winner is a minor in their state of residence he/she will be required to have a parent or guardian complete the release and affidavit as required by applicable law.
- By claiming a prize, the Grand Prize Winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, radio broadcasts; newspapers and other publications; television or film releases; slides; videotape; distribution over the Internet; and picture date storage) the Contest Sponsor may deem appropriate.
- To obtain the name of the Grand Prize Winner of the Contest, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Legal Department,
- The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America and any applicable state laws, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. All claims rating in any manner to this Contest or to any Submission must be resolved in the federal or state courts in Houston County, Alabama.
- Contest Sponsor are not liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
- By participating in the contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest and their decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as Sponsor deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by Sponsor and are final. Sponsor may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
- Sponsor reserves the right not to award any prizes if none of the entries received meet the stated contest criteria, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any omissions, acts or damages that may result from the preparing of materials to submit to this Contest. Contest Sponsor stress that applicants safely conduct their projects and avoid potentially dangerous situations that put themselves, the public or any other persons at risk.
Intellectual Property Rights
- 1. By submitting any entry, entrants thereby grant to the Sponsor and their affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted work (including the video and all aspects and elements thereof) or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. In addition to other things, the rights granted to Sponsor include, but are not limited to, the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted work.
- By submitting an entry, entrants thereby represent and warrant that the submitted work or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and the entrants affirm they have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to the contest Sponsor herein, including but not limited to, all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that the contest Sponsor shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any work submitted by the entrant, and may, in their sole and unfettered discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any work that the entrant submits.
Waiver of Liability and Agreement to Indemnify
By submitting any entry, each entrant, its, his, her or their heirs, successors and assigns (“entrant”) thereby releases, forever discharges and covenants not to make a claim against or sue the Contest, Replica Plastics, and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, licensees, employees, officers, directors, representatives, successors and assigns (“Sponsor”), of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent, which entrant may have or hereafter have against Sponsor by reason of any injuries or damages entrant may sustain, whether to entrant’s person, property, reputation, or otherwise, as a result of, incident to, or related in any way to the entry, the contest, or the use, incorporation or exploitation of the entry for any purpose described herein. Entrant waives and foregoes the right to seek injunctive relief against anyone relating in any way to the entry, the contest, or the use, incorporation, or exploitation of the materials for any purpose described herein. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any liabilities, losses, claims, demands, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and expenses arising in connection with any breach or alleged breach by me of any representation made in the entry or by virtue of submitting the entry.