|The Dothan-Houston County Intellectual Diisabilities Board, Inc. (DHCIDB) adheres to the following policy regarding “Waiting Lists.”
- Waiting lists are maintained for people referred and identified as meeting the criteria for DHCIDB’s services.
- The following information will be provided to the Alabama Department of Mental Health (DMH) in order for individuals to be added to the DHCIDB “Waiting List”:
- Psychological evaluation
- Developmental Summary
- Eligibility Worksheet
- Criticality Summary
- Status (number on list) of people identified on the waiting list is based on criticality of need. Need is determined through standardized testing (Inventory for and Agency Planning – ICAP).
- Changes in the order of priority may occur as a result of the following:
- Criticality of another person(s) needs.
- Person/family/guardian is not interested in services.
- Person determined ineligible
- Waiting lists are maintained by the Director of Case Management and are accessed as Agency services become available.
- Procedures identified within the Admission and Discharge Policy will be followed when admitting a person into a program or service of the Dothan-Houston County Intellectual Disabilities Board, Inc.