Out of the (Art) Box is an innovative variation on WMA’s popular public installation challenge. Teams of high school students (grades 9 – 12) will create original installations using moveable “boxes.” This year, students will be challenged to completely transform their material and think outside of the “(art) box.” The completed “boxes” will be created at the museum and then displayed in the museum galleries. The winning team will receive a donation to their school’s visual art program.
Number of entries
Enter only one (1) Letter of Intent per school.
Each team must have no less than four (4) members and no more than six (6).
Completed installations will be on exhibit in WMA’s galleries for the duration of Youth Art Month; March 2018.
All teams Letters of Intent must include the following:
Name of school along with name and email of teacher mentor.
List of students on team. Include name, e-mail, mailing address, phone number and grade.
Written or typed recommendation from an art educator, teacher, or sponsor.
Reason why your team should be picked. 30 words or less. Be as creative as possible!
Mail or bring installations to WMA, 126 Museum Ave., Dothan, AL 36303. Written material can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 27th: Letter of Intent/Mini-Installation deadline
- February 5th: Notification of team selection
- February 23rd: Out of the (Art) Box Competition, 10AM – 6PM
- February 24th: Out of the (Art) Box Competition, 10AM – 4PM
- March 31st: Out of the (Art) Box display end
- April 8th: Last day to pick-up installation before recycling